I think I can lead a balanced life. I think I can fulfil my role as wife, mother, daughter, sister, professional, and responsible adult. I think I can live my dreams, and I need to let them lead me.
It feels easier getting caught up in the minutia of life than keeping the big picture in perspective. Easier to do the dishes than to think about how to get to school on foot tomorrow. Easier to worry about folding clothes than planning my next professional seminar. Easier to write than to investigate possible periodicals in which to try getting something published. The big picture is like the conductor or composer of life, and the little details the instrument sections. Everyone has a part, and must be ready to be called upon at the right time. Some measures in life are simply easier to repeat than others.
So, I ask myself, what measures am I repeating in the music of my life, and which might I be avoiding or putting off? Whatever they are, the sound track of my journey will be much more beautiful when they all join the piece. Maybe it's simply time to listen and see what else I want to hear.
No comments:
Post a Comment