Monday, February 21, 2011

2-21-11 8:10 Darkness, Lent, and Spirits

Lent feels like one of my most difficult times of year. As the dark colors of my winter wardrobe bring me down, so does the dirgy music at church, and seeming intent of the season, to deeply reflect, give up, and in general, sacrifice.

So, I'm taking action! I've folded and put away all the black in my wardrobe (along with other dull winter colors: navy blue, merlot red, and deep forest green). As for lent, we'll adjust our church schedule so that we attend on Saturday nights as much as possible (shorter service, less dirge).

As for the rest, this season feels ripe for a good spring cleaning. Time to renew, restore, refurbish, and repurpose things. Put a new face on each room. Cleaner, brighter, calmer. I want to invite more positive energy into my life, so we'll make room for it. That feels better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment