Wednesday, February 9, 2011

2-9-11 8:34 pm Musings on Intent and Options

Keeping positive requires intent. Intent to smile, intent to look on the bright side, intent to assume the best of others, intent to put positive energy into the world. Today it feels like work, and as I reflect on that, it occurs to me that worse days live in my memory.

While I suspected today that opportunities to get down on myself lurked in the nether regions of my thoughts, to doubt others and question their intentions, it seemed OK to take a "wait-and-see" attitude. Impending pressure remained in the back seat. Taking it slowly made the difference. I felt room for multiple perspectives, including a few positive ones. Positive perspectives seem to produce options, and as long as they exist, I feel capable of wearing a smile. Smiles tend to inspire others to smile back. As long as people smile at me, things just feel brighter in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment