Staying positive seems to mean evaluating and/or continuously exploring possible options for perceived problems. The trick there seems to be in the deciding to explore said options more than in the actual act of creating solutions themselves. I notice that once I've decided there must be options, the possibilities present themselves. Rarely do they require deep digging. But when they do, my conviction gives me the stamina needed for rooting them out.
Harold finally got the car today. It's been waiting for pick-up at the mechanic's after an oil change, for several days now. Without painful compromise, difficult discussion, or forfeiting my goals, he did it. I've managed to continue to nurture my hope of reducing driving to it's absolute minimum. Anne is getting her needs met, and we're all living happily. Positive choices seem to be creating positive outcomes. It makes so much sense, it's a wonder arriving here in this place of peace me took so long. And I wonder about the longevity of my staying here - looking at everything with the bright-side in mind. Seeking possibilities by default.
Perhaps I'm seeing a need for strategies to support existing in a positive state. Reminders? Maybe it's in routine? Will it become a habit? That would simplify things. Could keeping this blog support maintaining a positive frame of mind. Having past entries diaried will allow me to reflect on previous approaches if they start to fade. I am excited to see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment