It was quiet at school today. Greatings were enthusiastic, and short. (Notice I said "and", rather than "but" - positivity!)
"Hi! Happy New Year!"
Gone. Which teacher does that vanishing hair belong to?
Ok, that may be a bit of an exaggeration.
I want to extend that sentence to say "but just a bit", as in, it's only a wee exaggeration. "But" and "only" feel ever-so-slightly negative, though, ("though" also seeming a slightly negative as it indicates an exception.)
Are exceptions negative? In the right context, I think so, yes. In this context I'm trying to deny it as much of an exaggeration. Being positive as much of the time as possible is ... well, let's say I'm sure I can do it!
We were busy bees at work, that's for sure. Committed to work. Maybe committed to resolutions. Could we be protecting ourselves from temptations? Side-bar conversations, carbohydrates, and congretating. They were all sparse today. I wish everyone luck in their resolutions. Hopefully we'll all still be talking with one another by the end of the year. Today's indication has me wondering.
No comments:
Post a Comment