Wednesday, January 26, 2011

1-26-11 9:20 pm Readers!

So, when a few followers appeared on the navigation pane of each of my blogs, it thrilled me. A full month later, those same one, two, three followers remain. Whether they read or not, the numbers hold steadfast, and I can always hope. It's about being positive, right?

Oh, the thrill if those numbers climbed. Someday maybe they will. What's really cool are the bits of conversation others share, telling me they read some of my blogs. Yes, readers read some of these blogs, regardless of "following". Yay. So, I have maybe an audience of six? What a thrill! Truly, connecting with the world at large in this way feels exhilarating! Thank you readers.

Now for the nitty gritty, from a positive perspective. Lots of opportunities presented themselves today:
  • To show my principal that yes, I am capable of teaching and managing a classroom. And thankfully, I know she'll be back to observe again, soon.
  • To re-establish trust, coherent communication, and common ground with a dear co-worker of mine, who may have reason to seek further clarification in our next exchange. Hopefully an opportunity will present itself soon.
  • To deepen the level of commitment to team work with my partner in parenting. That could happen in the next ten minutes.

Self-criticism, always constructive of course, happens to be a frequently-engaged-in activity on my part. Reasons for that can be explored, explained, and down-right exhausted; the behavior persists. And so, how might this new positive spin impact the outcome of my intellectual self-flagulation?

I mentally beat up on myself a bit today, and yet I feel whole. Options abound. Hope remains. That's a gift. Maybe this gift means that my heart will remain open and hopeful, that my neural connections will fire more effectively since less cortisol will be there to inhibit smooth transfer of information. Perhaps I'll be more readily able to rectify the shortcomings of today, making these more distant memories for others tomorrow.

Whatever happens, I know writing about it will clarify my thinking and connect me to others in ways that reveal themselves slowly, beautifully, and surely. Divine intervention, divine connection.

3 comments:

  1. I follow and love reading everything you write! You are my inspiration to continue on my NEW YEAR of being positive! Keep it up I so look forward to what you have to say it makes my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so value, and am inspired with your dedication to writing/speaking positive and rejoicing in your life! knowing that our paths were somehow meant to cross - I look forward to reading your words and hopefully sharing a cup of coffee or tea someday soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You friends make my day! I hope these comments get posted back to your email so you see them. Communication, sharing, deeper understanding, all these things elevate us. You make me feel appreciated. Thank you. Writing gives me great joy. Hearing from you makes that joy real. It removes it from my imagination and lands it right in my heart!

    ReplyDelete