Well, our car is still parked at the mechanic's. My husband will make arrangements to get it, I believe. Since it's extra in my life, this extra time is working out. John the mechanic may have his own needs, and I have full confidence he'll let them be known to Harold when and if needed.
So, I've let that one go. Yay, a celebration when I could be griping.
And, we (Anne and I) came home to a clean sink. Dinner is heating, because I can cook in a clean kitchen, which is my personal favorite way to go about it.
My husband is a wonderful person. He's eminently trainable, and the longer we live together the more it becomes clear to me that small annoyances only continue when enabled. Rather than whine, fuss, and otherwise make a scene, natural consequences are much more effective.
Who knows why the sink was clean this afternoon. Was it because I shared that dirty dishes prevented me from cooking last night? Perhaps, but there's another option: by cooking tonight in response to washed breakfast dishes, I'm sending a positive message: Clean up after yourselves in the kitchen, and I will cook tonight. It's a good and fair state of being, to my way of thinking. So far, others seemt to agree.
Positivity. It's working so far because of the faith that others will do what they need to in order to get their hopes met. This could be good for everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment